The Hauge Log Church
 
Hauge Church Painting
 
Horizontal Stripe
 
Arne Ruste Grave
Built in 1852, the Hauge Log Church was the first Norwegian Lutheran Church constructed in western Wisconsin. Adjacent to the church is a small cemetery where members of the first congregation are buried, including Arne Ruste who cut the first log used in building the church.
Open from sunrise to sunset seven days a week year-round, nearly a thousand visitors annually from around the world stop to enjoy the scenic solitude of the location and retreat from the busy modern world for a moment of quiet reflection.
Man in Pew
 
Horizontal Stripe
 

Four Seasons

Four Seasons at the Hauge Log Church

 

Flowers

 

Since 1966 care of the Hauge Log Church historic site has been entrusted to the Perry Hauge Log Church Preservation Association, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation whose sole purpose is the ongoing maintenance and preservation of the church building and surrounding cemetery grounds.

The Preservation Association's efforts are supported solely through memberships and tax-deductible contributions from those with an interest in preserving the Hauge Church and it's Norwegian heritage. Donations are always gratefully accepted and may be made securely on-line using major credit cards or Paypal by clicking on the donate button below. Or, if you prefer, checks may be mailed to:

The Hauge Log Church Preservation Association
Post Office Box 34
Blue Mounds, Wisconsin 53517

 

 

Flowers

 

 

Horizontal Stripe

Altar Ready

The pioneer Hauge sanctuary is also available to host weddings, baptisms, and other special family occasions.
More Information